Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Thank goodness this is tax deductible.....

Dear State of Nevada DMV,

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to renew the registration on my vehicles, which, totaled more than the monthly mortgage payment on my first house. I also would like to send my gratitude for the additional fee that I pay for "specialty plates" so that they can be stolen in the parking lot of Home Depot. But don't worry, because the police assured me that should my stolen plates be used in the commission of a crime, that they have made a note of my report. Finally, I would also like to thank you for not requiring me to have a smog emissions check this year, as I am certain that due to one fermenting formula bottle that disappeared under the seat, it would not pass.

2 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Automobiles are crazy expensive & that's a bummer about your plates being swiped!

Although, ever since we've had kids ... for the first time in our marriage history - we've received money BACK at tax time. Thank goodness. With all the home improvement stuff we're currently facing - we need the $$$!!

Joselle said...

Jen- They were courteous enough to leave the screws though. Considerate crooks in Vegas!