Friday, February 23, 2007

Luuucy, you got some 'splainin to do...

UGH

First- I would like to thank to appeals department of my insurance company for having enough common sense to pay the rest of my maternity bill. Since "Psychic" is not on my resume, shame on me for not knowing in advance that my water was going to break at 28weeks, therefore not notifying BC/BS in advance. I also appreciate their sense of humor-making me wait until the VERY LAST day to see if they were going to pay the appealed amount. You guys are so funny!

Second- Since apparently they did not appreciate me calling every 3 days to check the status- they got in cahoots with a fun little government agency I would like to call -

IRS

My joy at having won my appeal was short lived when I walked through the door to hear Drew announce- "Uh, we have a problem." This sentence is never good. ESPECIALLY when holding an envelope from the IRS.

Richard Hatch- move over- we're coming your way. Dibs on the top bunk.

The fun gents at Merrill Lynch brokerage house of morons decided to report that we sold a gazillion dollars in stocks. HUH? Now I now I lose my debit card alot, but I think I would remember this happening. Plus I would have ALOT of new Kate Spade handbags up in my closet. The stocks were worth about a tank of gas and a 3 Muskateers bar. However, someone had a liquid lunch and got a little type happy and inflated the number about 17 thousand dollars. Drew spent the morning trying to straighten out this debacle.

The irony.....the amount the IRS claims we owe is (drum roll) $7.00 more than the maternity bill was.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm laughing right into my bottle glass of wine.

No comments: