Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Are YOU smarter than your iPod?

Dear loving husband bought me a new ipod for Christmas. Some 800 gazillion bit thing that could possibly organize my life. IF, I knew how to work it. I had just mastered the old one when he throws me in a shambles with the new one.

Then, just to go step further- he buys the alarm clock/docking station/bread maker/ ATM thing so I can wake to the blissful tunes of the iPod, ocean sounds / waterfall/ nature sounds or buzzer. I chose the buzzer. I imagine that if I had ever been in a boot camp environment, that the horn in the morning would be similar to the sleep wrenching "noise" that woke me up at 5:35 am this morning. One of those sitstraightupinbed kind of noises. Oh, and it projects the time ON THE CEILING so the whole room has a lovely alien blue glow that makes me feel like I am napping on the side of the freeway. Loving husband could fall asleep, upright, in the middle of a football stadium during a game. Me- if it is not pitch black, I may as well not bother attempting sleep.

So tonight, I am suffocating the alarm clock with a towel. May the strongest person win.

2 comments:

Michele S said...

I have never used an alarm clock since I was in high school. I just get up every day naturally around 6am. BUT if I did have a clock at all in my room, I would never, never, never have one that shone light on the CEILING!!! That would be horrific! Drew...Drew...Drew, what were you thinking?????

Okay, so are you going tomorrow?

Joselle said...

Well aren't we just little miss rise and shine! I strategically placed a tube of lip gloss over the one blue light. HA- I showed that alarm clock!

Yes, I'm going tomorrow. I may even order a drink ~ gasp!