Saturday, April 28, 2007

The newest member of the family...

Meet Ralph the Monkey. Otherwise known as Ralph the "how many damn pumps of this bike pump will it take to blow this damn thing up" Monkey.

After 30 pumps, and not even the tip of the banana was inflated, I called Drew and asked him where the air compressor was in the garage. I heard the terror in his voice when he said to leave it alone, he would inflate it when he got home. Oh no- I wanted it done now! After being told that there was a good chance I would blow up the monkey, since I have never operated an air compressor before, I decided that I did not want tiny bits of Ralph all over the garage, and went back to the manual pump.

1 hour later, with many breaks, I present Ralph, (and my new biceps that rival Popeye).

Oh, and in case you are wondering why I have a 6 foot inflatable monkey in my house- he is the greeter for the trio's birthday party.

1 comment:

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

Yeay for you! Your mother's coming. That's extra help, right?