Saturday, November 25, 2006

Christmas came early this year!

I'm just finishing up feeding breakfast bottles when the doorbell rings. Assuming that it is the 54 cans of formula that I just ordered, I go open the door to drag those suckers in.

When what do my wondering eyes does appear? (or however it goes)
But a case of crab chips (minus the beer)!
There are certain things that should never be taken for granted:
1. A great pair of black boots
2. Jeans that always fit
3. The ability to get care packages from home.
It all started when Drew flew back to Baltimore for a golf tournament. He calls at 1 am in the morning crunching on crab chips after just leaving a Wawa (desperate for food, nothing was open, he was scrounging at this point). That started my cravings for cream of crab soup, shrimp salad, crab cakes, butterscoth krimpets and UTZ CRAB CHIPS! For those of you who have no idea what a krimpet is- that just means more left for me!
I have harrassed almost every server in Las Vegas where the chef makes the mistake of putting "Maryland crab cakes" on the menu. The only thing close to a crab cake is the fact that they are round. Then they go and put stupid stuff on them like roumalade sauce, or garlic purees, or even (gasp) APPLESAUCE! I have NEVER seen a Maryland crab cake with applesauce on it. If you even attempted this at home, you would be taken downtown, shot on Federal Hill and dumped in the Inner Harbor.
So anyway, I can check crab chips off my list. Now all I need are the rest of my Balteeemore fixes. (shhh- don't tell Drew- I hid the chips!)

No comments: