Sunday, October 12, 2008

Whoa! Where did September go?

I swear I lost an entire month! At this rate the kids will be driving next week. Hmm, lets see... what the heck did I do over the last few weeks?


1. Survived first family vacation without any bumps, bruises or scratches.
2. Replaced 2 bumpers from the small teeny tiny fender bender in the driveway (oops).
3. Celebrated our 10 year anniversary.



Yep 10 years. 10 years of opportunities for Drew to finally realize I am not the domestic goddess that I packaged myself to be. But that's ok- he likes Hamburger Helper and likes to do his own laundry- so I am off the hook.



Very Patient Husband whisked me away to Sedona for an anniversary getaway. Spa treatments, shopping- he's the man with the plan.



Until the hiking.



There is a very valid reason I am a Girl Scout dropout. I don't hike. I don't even like to get the mail. However, the promise of a energy realigning vortex seemed to exciting to pass up. Besides, VPH said it was only 2/10ths of a mile. How bad could it be?

Bad. Very Bad



First- it was not 2/10ths of a mile.
Second- it was not flat
Third- I had no water
Fourth- I swear I heard a buzzard circling above my head



As for the vortex? As soon as my dehydrated, no longer relaxed from the spa worn and torn body got to the top of the HUGE mountain- I wouldn't have felt any realigning if it came and kicked me in the ass and slapped me all the way back to the bottom. And I am pretty sure I threw off some negative energy by asking Zen Yoga Master which way was the easiest to get back down.

3 comments:

Michele S said...

Hysterical!

You are a big crybaby. I'll have Greg take you on some hikes and you'll ask God for another set of triplets if He just lets you see the car again!

Glad you had a good time anyway!

number4mom said...

Joselle you are the funniest person I have ever met! I am sitting here reading your nlog and catching up on everyone's blogs for that matter, it's 4 a.m. and I should be sleeping as G is sleeping and I'll regret it when he wakes up at 7 and I haven't slept. Anyhow, I just started a blog myself, I'll email you the details. I hope that mine will ve as funny as yours once I get the hank of posting on it. We seriously need to get together for lunch or coffee or a drink or something. I haven't seen you or Dena since December at your bow-making party. Speaking of which, when are u going to have another? Let's try to make plans to het together, how about in the next few weeks? I'll email Dena and ask her. Talk to you soon and the trips are beautiful, I can't believe they're 2 already! Have you been to SIRM's new location to just check it out? I actually am going to bting the baby in to meet Dr Fisch and the staff, and to see the new space/ Have you seen Fr Disch at any Resolve events? I have a new friend that is a pediatrician here in town and she is ttc and has done IVF once so far, with Dr Daneshmand. I told her she needs to go tp SIRM, she never heard of SIRM or Dr. Fisch or Sr Sger. She gas geard of Dr Litman and Dr Mcconnell. Why does nobody ever know of SIRM? They need better afvertisements. Anyhow, would you be willing to talk to her and give her your opinion and experience between the 2 docs and tell her what you like about SIRM?? Let me know and I'll give her your email or phone #. TTYS, Nicole

Dena said...

ok ok so i suck...I'll call you back like I am supposed to. I call like I blog.