Monday, August 06, 2007

Smelly cast, smelly cast....

7 more days until Aspen's cast comes off!

You thought the hole in the ozone layer was big now- just wait until we crack this bad boy off of her. Thank goodness it is only a few more days because she is starting to have a "scent". Interesting facts about casts during the last 11 weeks that I have learned...

1] Gore-tex lining does not mean she can get wet- nope- the doctor looked at me like I lost my mind when I asked her if she could go swimming. HELLOOO- isn't that why I paid for the Gore-tex "upgrade"?

2] Casts will generate poop blow-outs. Never ever ever had she blown dynamite out her Pampers. Until the cast.

3] Cotton quickly absorbes poop.

4] It is very hard to cut poopy cotton off a cast.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

By the way, I work for W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc, the makers of GORE-TEX (R) products, and indeed you can get a GORE-TEX (R) lined cast wet....via swimming, sprinklers, showers, baths etc. Indeed that is the point of the upgrade. I have no idea why your dr told you otherwise

Dena said...

Can I just say EWWWW to poop on the cast...not a very girly thing for a little girl who's mommy puts her in the frilliest of dresses and big bows :-)

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Eww, eww...poor poopy cast! I am SO glad you finally get to have it removed. And if mcriggs was right and you can get it wet how pissed are you going to be?

Joselle said...

mcriggs- thanks for the info. I wonder if he told me that because he left alot of cotton exposed? Even though we were told it would be 100% covered. Oh well...

Dena- Eww- I know. Then yesterday I plopped a big ol' spoonful of squash on her leg so now she has a stain on her knee...

Joselle said...

Leslie- Maybe it was all a ploy to get us back because he had to cast her so many times in one day...on his wedding anniversary!